Runnymede Pre-School, was established in June 1966 and has consequently gained a great deal of experience in quality child-care over the years. We are a registered charity and are overseen by a volunteer management committee made up of parents, past and present and other volunteers.
We offer a warm welcome to each individual child and their family with an atmosphere of mutual respect. We provide a caring and secure environment in which all children can learn and develop as they play. Meeting your child’s individual needs is our priority helping them prepare for their next steps in learning.
We will work with you to ensure we achieve this by
* Providing a safe, happy, caring, secure and stimulating environment for your child where they are valued as unique individuals supported by experienced, caring, highly trained practitioners.
* Enabling all children to develop to the best of their abilities as successful learners, confident individuals, responsible citizens and effective contributors to society, helping all children to prepare for the future.
RUNNYMEDE PRE-SCHOOL : A PLACE TO LEARN, DEVELOP AND GROW
‘HAPPY HEALTHY CHILDREN’
Runnymede Pre-school provides a safe, happy and stimulating educational environment in which children are valued as unique individuals, supported by caring, experienced and qualified practitioners.
Learning through play and interaction in a place where they have empowerment over their environment, we promote an atmosphere of mutual respect and encouragement where children are prepared for their next steps in learning, so that they are happy, confident, creative, sociable and enthusiastic learners, who look forward to challenges.
A strong partnership between home and Runnymede Pre-school is created, liaising closely with parents, other professionals and linking with our community.
• Ensure that the welfare of each individual child in our care is paramount and forms the basis of our practice
• Promote the way in which children learn through play and first hand experiences and arrange the setting environment to meet this end
• Enable children to develop confidence, self esteem and resilience
• Plan for and develop the individual needs of each child in our care via the key person system and careful adult support and facilitation
• All act as positive role models for the children in our care
• Act in accordance with the Early Years Foundation Stage Principles and Commitments
• Always recognise that parents and carers are the first and most enduring educators of their child
• Create a warm, welcoming and safe environment for all individuals who use our setting
• Ensure that all individuals, children and adults alike, can enjoy the setting environment without judgment or discrimination from others
• Accommodate the individual needs of all who access our setting, irrespective of ethnic heritage, social and economic background, gender, sexual orientation, ability or disability.
• Listen to the views of all who use our setting; children, parents, employees and other professionals
• Continually reflect upon practice, as a setting and as individuals to ensure continual improvement of provision
• At all times comply with relevant National and Local legislation and guidance
• Implement our policies and procedures consistently and review them as deemed necessary and at least annually
We operate an ‘open door’ policy at Runnymede Preschool; this means that you are welcomed into the setting at all times. We are also here to support you as parents and carers, and our professional team have a wealth of knowledge and experience should you wish to discuss any aspect of your child's development or simply need somebody to talk to. We will pay any concerns or worries you may have with the absolute respect they deserve and will always find time to listen
You can find us in Runnymede small hall (behind the main Runnymede hall) at the rear of the Castle Point Council offices on the A13, Benfleet. There is a large adjacent car park.
We have highly qualified staff, with a high child/staff ratio. All our staff undergo Disclosure and Barring Service checks. All receive up to date training and are committed to ongoing professional development. We have appointed officers in key areas.
Please note; We are a 'Nut Free Zone'